Rights and Responsibilities
This agreement was written in English (UK). To use a translation service to read this document might cause some information to be conveyed in the wrong manner. Therefore the English Version controls and overrules any changes to the meaning on the content as written in English (UK).
Date of Last Revision: 10/06/2016
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
By using the Freeride Project’s website you as a member / user are agreeing with this statement. The Statement of the rights and responsibilities will be reviewed regularly and minimally annually, you will be notified if any changes have been made.
- Participating in Extreme Sport – First and foremost we have to acknowledge that each and every sport listed on the Freeride Project’s website has its own inherent risks and dangers. It is not enough for us to say ‘you do these sports at your own risk’ your safety is paramount to us and therefore by using this site you are agreeing to our safety guidelines.
- Privacy is very important to us. Our Data Policy ensures that none of your information will be shared with any third parties and we will only contact you with our newsletters and/or freeride project business, which you will have the option to opt out. You are encouraged to read the data policy.
- Sharing Your Content and Information – You own all your content but when a review, comment or note on a timeline has been placed it is visible to the internet and will be used as part of the Freeride Projects website, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that copy write laws are adhered to and that all use of third parties material have the appropriate permissions and are credited appropriately.
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy settings, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Freeride Project (IP License).
When you use the Freeride Project alongside other social media / networking sites and applications, such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram the Freeride Project and the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
When you publish content it means that you are allowing everyone, including people who are not members of The Freeride Project, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- Registration and Account Security Freeride Project members are required to provide their real name and an active email address, but you will be able to choose a user name. Here are your commitments to the Freeride Project relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on the Freeride Project, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain
- You will not use the Freeride Project if you are under 11.
- You will not use Freeride Project if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username that is deemed to be rude, racist, sexist or similar derogatory manner we reserve the right to remove or reclaim your account it if we believe it is appropriate this includes use of trademarks and brand names.
- Protecting Other People’s Rights We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on the Freeride Project that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law. We can remove any content or information you post on the Freeride Project if we believe that it violates this.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal by contacting email@example.com.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, unless permission has been granted.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on the Freeride Project.
- Safety We do our best to keep the Freeride Project safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep it safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the freeride Project.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the Freeride Project, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on the Freeride Project.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use the Freeride Project to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the Freeride Project, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Freeride Project functionality.
- About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served by the Freeride Project. Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.